Friday, 23 December 2011

Poem - Art, darling

Art, darling, I am coming home
To you at last, my head was turned
By love and reason; I have been unfaithful
But I return.


I am tired and careworn; be patient with me
Be my lover, not my master
I need muse and inspiration
No recriminations, no withholding
I will take my leap of faith, in doing
What I love, life may come
That sustenance will follow dreaming.


Ahh, never mind that now,
Let us lay still awhile
And breathe each other in
I have missed you
It is good to be home.

4 comments:

  1. I love that Poem Sarah, it has such emotion and feeling in it. definitely one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. patience and home... two of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They didn't used to be mine... but I'm learning :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...