I'm so inspired seeing my work up, my brain has been firing with exhibition ideas, launch possibilities (most art launches are painfully dull and involve lots of speeches... I'm thinking of fire breathing performances instead... ) and ideas for new works... I can actually really conceive of a professional arts practice for myself, up until now it has been so much a matter of faith/wistful hope...
I do so much wrong really to be a professional artist. You're told to stick to one medium, develop a recognisable style, and once you have something marketable, to mine the work for all it's worth. I'm hopeless at all of this! I don't like the idea of artificial exclusivity through limited edition prints, I like the idea of anyone who likes or finds an artwork helpful being able to get their hands on a print. I like art that's accessible rather than alienating, and deeply personal. I hate replicating a work, I'm always looking to make something new... But maybe there's a niche for me after all. I can see the possibilities and I've been luxuriating in that. I've so much to create, so much I want to say, and finally my life is stable enough that I think it's going to happen. Magic. Resting and dreaming and finding confidence in the identity of an artist.
No comments:
Post a Comment