This is the final project I 'submitted' for my Concept Development class; my own left arm. I decided on a brocade inspired glove with a variegated background and bronze metallic overlay.
This is my first decent size body painting art work and I am hooked. I got a lot of comments and compliments, and a couple of offers to model for me too. :) I guess it's the weather for that now!
The inside of the glove 'opens' to show bare skin and a poem.
I decided to paint the poem with black skin paint rather than my usual ink. It's more time consuming but more harmonious. I quite like the script that my no 2. brush creates when I flatten the tip too. I'm learning more with each project about how to handle the brushes and paint. It's exciting.
This is my first decent size body painting art work and I am hooked. I got a lot of comments and compliments, and a couple of offers to model for me too. :) I guess it's the weather for that now!
The inside of the glove 'opens' to show bare skin and a poem.
I decided to paint the poem with black skin paint rather than my usual ink. It's more time consuming but more harmonious. I quite like the script that my no 2. brush creates when I flatten the tip too. I'm learning more with each project about how to handle the brushes and paint. It's exciting.
The poem reads:
This is my skin
where I keep my bones
where I wrap my dreams
Sometimes it sings
Some days it screams
This is my skin:
It is beautiful.
I must admit the quality of the brush work could be improved, the bronze design changes in size and thickness as I progressed... It must surely be considerably easier to paint other people's skin, it took a hell of a lot of patience yesterday morning to paint my own elbow in the mirror!!





No comments:
Post a Comment